Tuesday, November 12, 2013

November Diary | Twelfth

The first snowflakes of the season were in the air when I woke this morning. It made me smile. I can't help it; I like snow. : ) I went to Florida at the end of August for my friend's son's wedding and confirmed something I already knew: I could never be happy in a place of endless summer. Crisp brown and gold woods are what I want in November.

But, my heart is heavy today. Our young Doberman will be going to a shelter tomorrow. It is hard no matter how I look at it, but "Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple" (Dr. Seuss). Edna has many good qualities, but as it turns out, her one bad one is really the only one that matters.

In all times nature is a consolation to me.♥
On this cold day lots of birds are visiting the feeders: bluejays, house sparrows and house finches, chickadees, nuthatches, slate colored juncos, a red-bellied woodpecker, and a pair of cardinals.
 

10 comments:

  1. oh, friend! what a hard transition for Edna and you to face. that quote from Seuss is a revelation. i'm glad you have found the simple answer to the complicated questions. peace keep you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know you thought long and hard about your pup, sorry that it did not work out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sorry that things didn't work out with Edna and that she finds a wonderful new home soon. (((Hugs))) I know how you feel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We had snow, too. But very little and of short duration. It is rather exciting! I like November.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have had to do that a few times. It is heart-breaking especially when children are aware that the dog is going back. Never again.
    We had flurries here at least that is what I was told.
    The birds are oh so pretty!
    Have a beautiful day!
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful photos! I am sorry to hear that your are having to say goodbye. We had some snow yesterday, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so sorry Edna is leaving you; sending energy that she is placed in the right home soon. Hugs as you move through this time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love snow, it makes me smile too, and it's forecast later this month...I hope I see those little flakes soon.

    Sorry to hear about Edna. It reminds me of a similar choice we had to make when my daughter Hannah was tiny. Someone gave us a gorgeous little puppy. It was cute and black with a shiny coat and looked like a Labrador. I'd never had a dog before and didn't realise how quickly I'd get attached to her. She would follow me everywhere. Be at my heels as I hung out washing, snuggled next to my ankle when I sat to knit or sew.

    We took her to the vet to get her checked out and he told us that she had a lot of Doberman in her. My daughter was small and we always had a house full of children. I watched an Oprah program with tales that made us decide that we couldn't keep her. We only had her for a few days, but I felt like I was giving my daughter away. But like you, I knew she was going to a happy home.

    Like yours, it was the best decision.

    Have a lovely weekend and enjoy the lovely weather.
    debx

    ReplyDelete
  9. First, I'm so sorry to hear about your puppy. I've had to give up a cat because of one bad habit. It was gut wrenchingly hard.

    Second, I live someplace with too much summer (thankfully, it isn't endless) and know exactly what you mean!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you all for your kind comments and support.♥ It was very hard giving up Edna, even though we know it was necessary. It's been a sad few day around here.

    ReplyDelete